Sunday, December 20, 2015

Hello guys 
 So it's Christmas aren't you guys excited I now I am so I was like what could be a good blog for today. So of course I started to think about it and I thought of.. A diy blog so I started to look up things I might want to make. So for today's blog we are making Christmas cookies because what not better for Christmas. So we are making sugar cookies everything from scratch so I hope you like them and let's get started.
What you need
3 cups all-purpose flour
3/4 teaspoon baking powder
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup unsalted butter, softened
1 cup sugar
1 egg, beaten
1 tablespoon milk
Powdered sugar, for rolling out dough
 Preparation time 2 days 
Directions
Sift together flour, baking powder, and salt sifting makes it way easier but if you don't want too or you don't have one I wouldn't stress about it it works well without one as well. Set aside the mixture. Place butter and sugar in large bowl of electric stand mixer you can do it by hand too and beat until light in color. Add the egg and milk and beat to combine the mixture nicely. Put mixer on low speed, gradually add flour not all of it at one time because it will go everywhere trust me it's happened, and beat until mixture pulls away from the side of the bowl. Divide the dough into little balls to make the cookie shapes then get a bowl and fill it with powdered sugar and put each cookie in the bowl and roll them around in the sugar, then wrap them in individually with waxed paper, and refrigerate overnight so the sugar can be soaked in by the cookies.
Next day
Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
Sprinkle surface where you will roll out dough with powdered sugar. Remove all the plastic from the cookies then get a pan and put the cookie sheets on them and put the cookies on the sheets. Then sprinkle some powdered sugar to make them taste even better  on them and put our tasty creations into the oven. Then let them bake or cook whatever you say for 15-20 minutes depends how big you bake them mine only took 15 minutes.
Icing 
You will need 
Sugar(powdered)
Butter 
Water
Food coloring 
Let's get started 
The first thing that you will need to do is get a bowl you are going to want to put 2 cups of sugar then add three fourths of a cup of water then mix it till they are blended nicely together this recipe makes a quite thick icing which I personally like better for sugar cookies but if you want the icing to be not as thick then go ahead and add some more. Then get a 2 tablespoons  of butter and add it to the mix this gives it a more creamy texture which I love. Then add your food coloring but if you want to do two types of colors or more. Then just get another bowl and divide the mixture as best you can. Then add your food coloring I choose red and green because those colors I think work the best for Christmas. Then just mix it and you're done then you can frost your cookies freely.
So if you have stuck with me for this long blog I really thank you for that or maybe you made this recipe yourself I thank you for doing that. So really like baking and when it is Christmas something makes me feel even better when I bake. So I wanted to share this recipe with you guys and I hope that you try it out. I have made this recipe with friends and family and even by myself if I want to treat myself. I think they taste pretty amazing on their own yes it does take a bit of time. But believe me the outcome is worth the while. I am going to try and have 3 Christmas blogs up by the end of the month and one or two for New Years. So I will be seeing you very soon I hope you like it and enjoy your holidays bye guys Merry Christmas.

No comments:

Post a Comment